PTI Parts Builder
Each quote request we receive is closely examined by our engineering team to ensure you get the best price. Please fill out this form and provide as many details as you can in order to get the most accurate quote possible. Thank you for choosing Proto Technologies.
- Review information required for an accurate quote
File requirements: Please ZIP all files before uploading.
- For the most accurate quote, we ask you to submit SolidworksTM parts files
- And/or CAD translation models (i.e. .IGES, .STEP, .X_T, high resolution .STL)
- A total of 500 meg max per quote request.
- If you do not have a complete file, we can provide you with a close estimate based upon your X, Y, Z dimensions and the approximate volume of your part.
- Machine shop jobs require drawings
Specify desired quantity per part:
- Quantity will often affect unit price
- We can quote multiple quantities as options
Note additional processes needed:
- Material certifications
- Inspection reports
- Labeling, part marking
Select your custom finish
- We offer 5 different rapid prototyping finish levels as well as custom finish levels for machined parts. Typically if you do not choose a finish level above or indicate a finish level on your drawings, we will quote you a 3/2 finish level for your rapid prototyped parts.
- Custom colors, color matching, painting, urethane colors available.
- Texturing (mold texture or finish texture) available.
- Labels, logos, silk screening, laser etching, etc., available.
- Review finish levels available
Rapid Prototyping Finish Levels:
Finish Level 1
Removal of build support structures. Typically used by customers wishing to do the finish work themselves, this will result in a relatively unfinished part.
Finish Level 2
Removal of build support structures and light sanding with 220 grain sandpaper to remove rough edges and burrs. Typically used for design reviews, design verification, assembly verification and conceptual models. Build layer lines, stair steps and facets are visible.
Finish Level 3
Sandblast. Typically used for design reviews and assembly verification where a higher degree of fit and part finish is required. Geometry fit checks, form and function tests, sand casting, pilot builds, and manufacturing engineering fixturing.
Finish Level 4
Typically used for marketing presentations, focus group studies, investment castings, precision sand casting, rubber mold masters, and spray metal tooling masters.
Finish Level 5
Painted. We can match any color, texture or finish as required.
Additional finish options for rapid prototype and production parts:
- Silk screening
- Logo application
Additional finish options for machined parts:
- Powder coating
- Silk screening
- Laser etching
- Review standard lead times for part delivery
Proto Technologies standard lead times:
- 3 – 4 days for rapid prototypes and quick turn parts
- 1 – 2 weeks for first cast parts, production to follow
- 1 – 3 weeks for most CNC machined parts
*** If you have a tight deadline, don’t be afraid to ask us about expediting your delivery.